The tour starts from IC Brătianu Avenue, (Intercontinental Hotel area), near Colţea Hospital, the oldest hospital in town, dating back to 1704. The next stop is Lipscani Street, the most famous commercial street of the old city. At the beginning of the 15th century, most of the merchants and craftsmen (Romanians, Greeks, Bulgarians, Armenians and Jews) established their stores and shops on this street. The name Lipscani is related to the famous German trade held on Lipsca or Leipzig, where the merchants from Romania went at least twice a year. The French Street, where The Old Princely Court is located, was Bucharest’s first fully paved street. The Old Princely Court and Church were built during the reign of Prince Vlad Ţepeş, whose cruel manner of punishing his enemies got him the nickname Ţepeş – "The Impaler". Centuries later, the Romanian Prince and his nickname became famous when Bram Stocker’s novel "Dracula" became a bestseller.
Close to the Old Princely Court there is the oldest church in town, St. Anthony Church. Other sites worth visiting in this area are Manuc`s Inn (1808), Şelari and Smârdan streets, Stavropoleos Church (1724) and Caru cu Bere (beer pub and restaurant dating back to 1879), St. Nicholas Church (hosts an icon with healing powers), The National History Museum, the National Savings Bank, Capşa Restaurant, Cişmigiu Garden, The Revolution Square and the Italian Church (1916).
Note: The departure hour can be modify on request depending of the availability of the museums.
|1 person||2 persons||3 persons||4-8 persons|
|€ 65||€ 40||€ 35||€ 30|